Our Philosophy & Programs
Our Philosophy: Playing to Learn/Learning to Play
Our childhood programs teach children to think creatively so they may succeed in a complex and ever-changing world. Purposeful play is developmentally appropriate and is a significant element of our early childhood program philosophy. The following emphasizes the importance of play in a child’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical development.
Play is a way of learning for children. During a typical day, there will be structured and unstructured periods, enabling children to learn at their own rate. Values that support learning through play include:
- Children are viewed as thinkers, reflecting on their world.
- Purposeful play is when children learn through the process of their efforts.
- Children gain knowledge by building on a path of ever increasing knowledge.
- Children are encouraged to make choices and practice individual decision-making.
Learning environments support purposeful play by:
- Blocks of various sizes and materials
- Materials and time for dramatic, imaginative play
- Manipulative and table toys
- Art materials and tools to explore
- Sensory play materials, including sand and water
- A library area
- Music and movement activities
- Outdoor and gross motor play
- A quiet area for the child who needs to be alone
- Ample and rich language and print
- Writing tools and materials
Our safe, fun, and informative programs are focused on:
- Infant/Toddler Care (6 wks. – 2 yrs.)
- Preschool Program (3 yrs. – 5 yrs.)
- After-school Pickup (4 yrs. – 12 yrs.)
- Summer Fun Club (5 yrs – 12 yrs.)
Contact us today at 806-788-0881 for more details.